AI and 3D Reality Capture in Engineering
Part 1: Artificial intelligence is increasing efficiencies in engineering
Unmanned aerial vehicles have been at the center of innovation in surveying and engineering. However, industry adoption has been slow due to concerns over accuracy, along with the complexities of managing aerial data. In order to see improvements in both accuracy and data processing the industry will need to continue to explore new approaches. Artificial intelligence (AI) has significant potential to advance the industry in making sense of massive amounts of aerial data for various stages of the project cycle.
The key findings are based on use cases and demonstration for software that creates CAD drawings autonomously by extracting features of aerial images. It will be explained how AI has proven useful in automating certain workflows, such as drafting of pavement markings, roads, utilities, and topography.
Part 2: 3D Reality Capture, Machine Learning and AI
Having quick automated solutions can not only save valuable time and money but also allow access to potentially hazardous areas within a facility. 3D Reality Capture and cloud based solutions can streamline design, modeling, inspections, information sharing and asset management. This technology can be applied over a wide variety of market segments and continues to push the limits and innovate workflows of previous automated and manual data capture solutions.
Learn how data is captured quickly and efficiently on-site and how the current challenges are being overcome in the water and wastewater markets to drive this technology towards widespread adoption.
- Learn how AI and 3D Reality Capture can be applied to unmanned aerial vehicles and the water and wastewater industry such as site investigations, record drawings/as-builts, design, manhole/vault/tank/utility corridor/pipeline inspections, asset management, process area modeling and whole plant modeling.
- Potential of Artificial Intelligence and 3D Reality Capture to support current engineering workflows as well as its benefits and challenges.
- Success metrics required for AI, 3D scanning and machine learning applications.
- How using the latest AI and 3D scanning workflows and cloud solutions enables quick and simple information sharing and streamlined asset management.
- Learn how using the latest AI and 3D Reality Capture workflows and cloud solutions enable quick and simple information sharing and streamlined asset management.
- Potential of AI and 3D Reality Capture to support current engineering workflows as well as its benefits and challenges.