Short Course: Disaster Service Worker Training
Are you ready to deal with the aftermath of a disaster? Become a trained Disaster Service Worker and help your community respond to disasters.
Disasters force people out of their homes into temporary shelters and close communities. While productive individuals sit idle in shelters, or even move away, local building inspectors struggle to evaluate building safety in damaged structures. Due to non-structural damage, the total number of actual inspections needed can be more than three times the number of red-tagged and yellow-tagged buildings. Threats also exist from other natural and man-made disasters, including floods, hurricanes, and explosions. Most building departments do not have the ability to perform multitudes of such inspections in a brief period, so a strong need exists to have a cadre of trained professionals available to assist local governments, along with a program to manage this group of professionals.
- Comprehensive overview of Cal EMA Safety Assessment Program
- Learn about Mutual Aid Response and your role
- Study the concept of emergency operations
- Explore the criteria for assessing degree of severity of damage in buildings and lifeline systems
- Determine procedures for posting and barricading
- Develop your skills to use FEMA approved field manuals
- Find out about FEMA reimbursement criteria
- Learn the liability protection laws for responders
- Learn to protect your personal safety & full lesson on preparedness
Ziad Y. Mazboudi, PE, LEED AP, F. ASCE, D. WRE, MBA
Ziad has thirty-five years of progressively responsible, diversified experience in public works, engineering, utilities, development engineering, facilities maintenance, sustainability, environmental programs, disaster preparedness and response and project management in both the public and private sector, supported by a strong educational background in civil engineering, geographic information systems, water quality/urban runoff, and environmental programs. Self-motivated and strategic thinker, with a can-do attitude, he has a Master’s degree in Business Administration and graduated Suma Cum Laude.
PDHs and pricing TBD