OPAL Awards Gala
Join us for the LIVE announcement of the 2021 OCEA winner!
Plan to attend the OPAL Awards Gala, Oct. 8 from 6:00 to 7:15 p.m. EDT. This virtual event is included with your ASCE 2021 Convention registration.
OUTSTANDING CIVIL ENGINEERING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
The OCEA awards have recognized exemplary civil engineering projects every year since 1960. Join us during the ASCE 2021 Convention to celebrate nine stellar projects selected as 2021 Honor Awards and witness the live announcement of this year’s overall winner.
We are proud to recognize these projects in 2021:
- Union Pacific Railroad, A Moving Mud Spring Threatens Critical Infrastructure - Imperial County, California
- Chase Center at Thrive City - San Francisco
- Coastal Wall at Northwestern University Ryan Fieldhouse and Walter Athletics Center - Evanston, Illinois
- Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge - Westchester and Rockland counties, New York
- Lake Mead Intake No. 3 Low Lake Level Pumping Station & Discharge Aqueducts - Boulder City, Nevada
- Metro North Railroad Bridge Over Atlantic Street - Stamford, Connecticut
- Moscone Convention Center Expansion - San Francisco
- Niagara Falls State Park Transformation Initiative - Niagara Falls, New York
- Permanent Canal Closures and Pumps (PCCP) - New Orleans
2021 OPAL AWARD WINNERS
The OPAL awards honor outstanding civil engineering leaders whose lifetime accomplishments contributed in one of five categories.
We are proud to recognize these honorees in 2021:
- Construction: Jesus M. de la Garza, Ph.D., Dist.M.ASCE, NAC
- Design: James L. Barnard, Ph.D., P.E., BCEE, Dist.M.ASCE
- Education: Vijay P. Singh, D.Sc., P.E., Hon.D.AWRE, F.EWRI, Dist.M.ASCE
- Government: Sreenivas Alampalli, Ph.D., P.E., F.SEI, F.ASCE
- Management: Terry F. Neimeyer, P.E., ENV SP, BCEE, F.ASCE